Sunday 26 June 2011

Carnival

Ok, so I have to admit, when Beccy said she wanted to go for carnival queen, I had my reservations. How wrong was I.  Yesterday we had the best day.  Starting at the hairdressers:




The hairdressers were fantastic, and did their hair beautifully.

The weather wasn't so good very grey and windy but at least it was dry.  We got up to the meeting place at 12 and there were lots of photos and floats:




But the stars of the show were these gorgeous girls:



Oh yes, and these gorgeous girls:


Well, you have to embarrass your kids don't you.  With me is the mum of the two princess.

By 2.00, when we set off, the sun had come out and the weather remained fab.  As I was walking the route, collecting money and greeting friends, I felt really lucky: to be a member of such a great village (largest in England!) and to have so many friends there cheering us all on. 




It really was a great day, and hopefully we raised lots of money for local good causes.  The girls have next weekend off and then we start going to all the local carnivals, as visiting courts and being in their parades.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Well done to all of you. Beccy looks so beautiful and you must have been bursting with pride. Glad the weather held and today would hav been a bit too hot to be walking the parade route so it all worked out for the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time and your daughter looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message