Friday 6 April 2012

Ruby tablerunner

Well, thankfully I now have four days off.  Last week was very long and stressful.  I have about 35 schools to visit over the next month, to help out with year end.  I spend the whole time feeling sick in case anything goes wrong when you press that 'final close of year' button!! 

I had a new table delivered on Wednesday, just in time for a house full, due to arrive later today.  So I made this for it

I sat out in the sunshine this morning and put the binding on, so it's all finished just in time

 I actually cut out the pieces with a completely different design in mind, but didn't like how it was working out, so did a bit of re-designing.  I used a ruby charm pack that I won from Sarah at Sew Me and some light grey that I had

 I couldn't find anything in my stash that I wanted to bind it with so when I was doing my mammoth shop at Sainsburys yesterday I had a look at their pillowcases to see if the right colour was there. Sure enough, two lovely duck egg pillowcases at 2.99 for the pair!!! Quickly cut in to binding.  (I think I will use the remainder for my stained quilt)
I fmq'd it - successfully too I think!! No issues on the tension etc

I am really pleased with this, even more so because I designed it from scratch sitting on my kitchen floor surrounded by pieces of fabric!

Am hoping to finish off my mug quilt over the weekend and catch up on family time, whilst sewing and drinking the fizzy stuff!!

7 comments:

  1. That is a lovely runner, I hope you have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous runner C, and great quilting too! Have a wonderful weekend. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab Catherine - have a wonderful weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great!! Love the fabrics and the choice for the sashing and binding! *high five* to using pillow cases!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine that's brilliant! I love Ruby and it looks lovely on the table. Great find with the pillowcases, very clever thinking :)
    Happy Easter and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, quick thinking on the pillowcases. Your Free Motion Quilting is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so lovely and well done for thinking outside the box on the binding. Have a lovely relaxing Easter, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message