Saturday 12 February 2011

flowers


this is a wall hanging that I started in the summer whilst on holiday in Perranporth, Cornwall.  Whenever I look at it, it reminds me of our week away.  Perranporth has the most fantastic beach and is great for surfing and body boarding.  It was our 2nd year there, and hopefully we will get there for a week again this year.
Anyway, it was a free pattern from Henry Glass Fabrics - not only are they show casing great fabrics, but they also have some great free patterns
I changed it a little by using ric rak instead of material.  I am really glad that I did that as I think it looks great





Whilst on a flower theme, Beccy and I belong to the Tiptree Flower club.  The club meets every 2nd Thursday and there is a guest demonstrator who put together, effortlessly, 5 flower arrangements, whilst entertaining us with stories at the same time.  They are amazing

At the end of the evening, the arrangements are raffled off.  I did win an arrangement once, it looked fantastic in my front room! 
Beccy entered the flower arranging competition at the Suffolk show last year for under 17's..  They were provided with the flowers and props and left to arrange everything.  She got a highly commended, which is amazing for a 13 year old (as she was then) at her 1st county show!






These are lovely dispalys and the two ladies that did the demonstations were so entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message