Saturday 28 January 2012

Superb Saturday

It has been fantastic today - no revision.  I have had a whole selfish day doing what I want to do!  The girls, my mum and I went out for lunch at the garden centre and then there was lots of sewing. I got to finish sewing this:

Looks a bit dull in this pic, will take another tomorrow in the sunshine

The green fabric that I bought for the mystery quilt, was really not the right green, but has now happily found a home around this quilt.  It is all pinned and ready for quilting , but I have no idea how I will quilt it!

I did these


These squares were bought by Jenny last time we were surfing and have sat in a box since.  I found them today by chance so have 'log cabined' them and will do another two for her and hand them over as a cushion cover


I gave this one to my work collegue last night as she is leaving - just something for her new desk!  We all went out for a drink and something to eat last night: about 16 of the team were there.  it was a fantastic night out, with lots and lots of laughter.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've had a break and got some sewing done! Love your cups quilt and your blocks look great - all lovely cheerful colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great day - sounds just my cup of tea...hardyhar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get to have a social life again. Woohoo! And fab quilting too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message