Saturday 22 October 2011

Two in one day!!

I don't think I have ever written two blogs in one day, let alone within a couple of hours of each other

I need to show you my hot water bottle:



The last couple of nights have been chilly and I have needed my hot water bottle.  But it didn't have a cover - I wrapped it in an old t-shirt
So, I decided to kill two birds with one stone: make one and practise FMQ'ing on it (hence the very white cotton, so I could really see my results)




 I practised big swirly patterns


It was great practise and the stiches on the back even came out well!

And I tried to practise general 'stippling' FMQ'ing.  This needs much more practise.  I used this table runner of Emilys as to how it should look, and it doesn't


However, considering it took under an hour and no pattern, to do this, I am really really happy with it.  It will keep me toasty at night, its lovely fabric and the FMq'ing isnt too bad (although I know I need practise)
Jenny is just getting ready to go out to a friends 18th - I will be taking my toasty hot water bottle to bed and reading: it was a late night last night, although I won't really sleep properly until I know Jenny is home!

7 comments:

  1. I wish I had a pound for every time I said what your last sentence said (my daughter is a Jenny too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your fmq is great, I especially like the swirls. Thanks for linking to my runner :) Its given me a huge confidence boost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you practiced your FMQ on the cover. Hope you are toasty right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fmq is looking fab! Definitely the weather for hot water bottles! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh great make and great FMQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great fun Catherine - what a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hotty cover. What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message