Wednesday 26 October 2011

Rescued

Hurray - I now have 3 days off (not working Monday either) : it kind of feels like a friday as I have finished my working week.  I completed my training course yesterday, it was a really enjoyable course, gave me lots of confidence and introduced me to lots of lovely people.
Anyway, I got home at lunch time today and got straight on with this

The square on the left is what I was going to use for my centre square on my table runner, but it looked way out of place, so I made another square to match it


I'm not sure about the blue, but that is easily changed!



And then this will be the middle block - as you can see, not yet sewn!  I was going to make another star, but am not sure if I have enough of the cream/gold background, so am going simple.
I will take this away with me next weekend when we visit my sister in law.  We are going up there to celebrate my mums 70th.  This is an expensive time of year : it's Beccys birthday on Monday (31st oct), my mums on nov 5th, mine nov 6th and Jennys (18th!!) on the 10th - all within 10 days of each other.  You could also throw in my mums dads birthday (no longer with us) on nov 2nd!  Very strange.
Anyway, I will finish that off tomorrow, whilst I am waiting for British Gas to service my boiler and before we go off shopping in Colchester

4 comments:

  1. These are great stars, not sure about the blue either. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fab weekend!! You can add me to your birthday list if you like ;) I'm on the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing stars - I think the blue may be a little heavy and hope you don`t mind me saying. Could you break it up? It`s going to be a great tablerunner with a touch of the Americanas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message