Tuesday 22 March 2011

Sunday afternoon

 This weekend my brother and his family came to stay.  They live in Lincolnshire, about a 3 hour drive away, so we don't see each other an awful lot.  His kids are roughly the same age as mine and they get on famously.  My sister in law is a quilter and she has recently started making clothes too.

Anyway, after they left on Sunday, and my girls were at a rehersal, I felt the need to make something, so perused the internet and came up with these two items:

1st off a pot holder:

This was very easy to make, and used up some more scraps, including all those little bits of batting that I had left over.  And, it works - I tested it out on a hot bowl this evening and all was fine.

This is the link to the tutorial: http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2010/06/quilted-potholder-tutorial.html.  Elizabeth has an amazing blog and some fabulous tutorials.  My pot holder does not look nearly as proffesional as hers, but it looks great in my kitchen, and will probably never get used, because I don't want to mark it!


 And then I made this as well, what a brilliant idea, I don't know how I have managed without it for so long!  The tutorial is here: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=765.  It is another of Elizabeths tutorials, but over on sew mama sew.  I decided not to do the attached scrap bag, for no other reason than I didn't have a lot of time!


It really was so easy to make and such a clever idea!  It is weighted with some rice in the pincushion, under the wadding.  And if you have never checked out sew mama sew before either, there are loads of ideas on there.
Hope you all had a productive weekend too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message