Wednesday 1 August 2012

July fresh sewing day

 Its that time of the year again: the first of the month, where I am linking up to Lily's Quilts , with my July makes.

I have to say, mine a very limited this month! I appear to have done nothing, but this is not the case as I will show you in  a moment

I have been busy working on the two swaps that I signed up for : the BQS3 and the purse frame swap

The mini quilt is a work in progress. The purse has now been received by its recipient, (who doesn;t have a blog) and thankfully she loved it!! What a relief


I have also finally made my ET block into a cushion cover.  I am so pleased with this



This is my first finish for Rhonda's finish along. I have so many things to finish before I can start the pile of new things in my head!

 And this is why I don't seem to have done a lot of sewing, I have been spending my evenings sewing scraps.  I bought some templates from paper pieces (fabulous service btw) and have decided to give the double wedding quilt a try!




I have a huge pile of these now and I am sewing away each evening, as well as trying to catch up on some other sewing

Yesterday was my last day at work for 4 weeks: hooray! Loads of sewing for me then

15 comments:

  1. Some lovely stuff there and a huge project in the making! Have a wonderful break from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful collection of beauties!
    Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on paper pieces - they arrived super super quick and the templates are great! Can`t wait to see the double wedding quilt progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really great makes. Love how you made the ET block into a cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful makes - love the bright colours on your mini quilt and the ET cushion cover's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun with your EPP. So relaxing and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh some time off! have lots of fun sewing! I love your ET cushion cover and the colours and fabric choices beautiful. Can't wait to see a little more of the double wedding ring !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your break and your sewing - can't wait ti see your double wedding ring as it progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a relief when your partner loves the purse! but yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The purse and the pillow are gorgeous! I'll be looking forward to seeing progress on you EPP =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely projects, gorgeous cushion and hooray for your holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh your swap items are lovely and the EPP daunting!! Have fun with that! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your star block and your pillow. I have been thinking of doing a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous makes! How big is your DWR quilt going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you have been really busy!! I love that cushion so much - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message