Sunday 5 August 2012

Olympic sewing

As part of the 'middle' generation, I can't fail to see how the younger generation can not be inspired by team GB.  These are the real celebraties: who have got to where they are through sheer determination and hard work. So inspiring.  I have been glued to the televison (and also to twitter to keep me up to date!)

Which, of course, has been condusive to quilting on the settee.  I have finished quilting my Brit Quilt swap quilt


 I just kept it simple and quilted around each star with the corresponding colour thread


And the back of the quilt is all ready to go too

 I have also completed the first of our Hipbee blocks for Renee.  She sent us some Summersville fabric and asked us to make a house.  I have used this pattern before, a long time ago.

 It is an appliqued block and was great fun to do

 I also added a couple of sunflowers - they are my favourite flower. And Renees house number on the door


I just have to complete the siggy block and then I can get it sent off. 
More olympics tonight - so more sewing time for me then

14 comments:

  1. Completely with you on the Olympics - just amazing! LOVE your mini - your partner is so lucky, and the applique house is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt, the stitching is a perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your BQS3 is really looking lovely, it seems to get nicer every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work. I'm sure your partner will love the quilt (could even be me!) I'm loving the Olympics too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great mini and loving the house block! I catch glimpses of the Olympics every now and again =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitchiness! I love the block you made for me, thank you so much :) The Olympics have been fantastic so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous quilt - love your stitching.
    go team gb!! (as a brit living in oz, it's not very often I can skite about the prowess of our athletes, but it's been great fun for a while now, starting with the cricket!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mini looks fabulous, Catherine! Love the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are indeed advantages to being stuck in front of the tv!
    Love your hand stitching and the house block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your BQS mini - your partner is going to be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilting is beautiful on the swap quilt. And love that bee block too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All lovely on the BQS mini! And loving all things wonky I love your house block! Have fun up North with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bqs mini is lovely! Congrats on the finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super-cute bee block! Love it. I also really like your BQS mini - that quilting is totally yummy. Oooh, I hope you are my partner actually.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message