Tuesday 16 July 2013

Counting the sleeps

Well, it's only 3 more sleeps till FQR London.  I am ridiculously excited, but very under prepared: thankfully I have tomorrow afternoon off work, so will get myself organised then.
 
I blame my un-organisation on many factors: Beccy had her prom on Friday - I was a very proud mum.  Beccy is in the middle, with her two besties either side. They are so grown up.
 
 
They arrived at prom in this yellow camper van - can you see the bunting, it went all around the van. Beccy cut out the shapes and I whizzed it through the sewing machine-suddenly a mum who sews is quite handy to have....!
 

I picked Bex up about 1am on Friday night, we sat up talking til about 2.30am: all about the prom and all sorts of other things, it was lovely to have that time together.
My dad and stepmum came down for prom and for the weekend, so there was also a lot of this distraction
 

And a bit of hand sewing in the garden thrown in too.  This is the Hipbee block for July.  Tanya asked us to make a tree and gave us free rein on the pattern/design.  I really enjoyed this one


 
And finally, I received this happy mail today, perfect after a very long day! 
 








10 comments:

  1. What a stunner! Takes after her mum clearly - there's such a strong resemblance between you too. I love the dress too - very glamorous! Your hexie tree isn't bad either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is gorgeous..... glad she had a good prom, and that you and she had some good bonding time. And my tree is just as gorgeous - thank you so much, I love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo of your daughter. Her dress is a belter! I cannot imagine my 2 monkeys all grown up but I guess it's going to happen and I will wonder where the time has gone. Hope you are more ready than I am for FQR - still not ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful photo - she looks like you. See you on Friday x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute girls, handsome men, bunting, camper vans, BBQs in lovely gardens...looks like you have had a wonderful few days and more no doubt at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beccy looks stunning! Looking forward to seeing you v.soon! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that prom picture! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great time was had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another person going to FQR - Very jealous, I must make sure I go next year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad she enjoyed the prom - she looks beautiful in her dress, as do her friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message