Saturday 29 June 2013

The Early bird

I was up just before 5.30 am this morning - and on a Saturday!  Jenny left to go to Cornwall for a weeks holiday, so I had to be up to say goodbye.  The plus side was the huge amount of additional sewing time that this gave me, which meant I could get this all sewn together
 
This is my Bee a Brit Stingy bee quilt - my month was May and I chose Pineapple Blossom as my block


 This is such a great block for using up scraps, and my Bee friends chose amazing fabrics and sent me two blocks each

 It was so easy to put together: now I just need to get it basted and start quilting

 And look what I received in the post this morning, my fabulous name tag from Catrin (this is here flick feed)

Its perfect, I love it.  And this is where my one went to : It has been received so its safe to share!


Only 3 weeks to go!

15 comments:

  1. Love it all - the quilt top, the name tag you got and most definitely the name tag you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt top is brilliant, as are both name tags :). Mines now ready for the post office Monday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt top looks amazing!! Both name tags are fantastic!
    I'm off to cry with jealousy :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic quilt top. Your bee is amazing and well done to you for choosing such a lovely block :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pineapples! This would make a great Bee Blessed quilt idea too! And what sweet name tag. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love how the pineapple blocks come together - I hadn't pictured that secondary pattern but I love it. What a great quilt you are going to have!

    Brilliant name tags too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great pattern! This will be fab when quilted

    ReplyDelete
  8. dont you just love it when you have quiet time to yourself xx AND you get to use it to such great effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt looks so nice with all the blocks together. I really enjoyed making these blocks. Great names badges. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt top is looking great. Can't wait to see it all finished

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, doesn't your Bee quilt look good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message