Tuesday 12 July 2011

Bargain time!

I finshed work early today (11.50 precisley!) and I knew that I was very close to DunElm, so I knew that I had to go and have a look.  So, glad that I did:


I made an amazing purchase:


They seemed to be having a major change around and had rolls of fabric on offer: this was £9.99, yes £9.99 - for 10metres!  When was the last time I bought fabric at less than £1 metre.  And look at the fabric:


Its so beautiful, kind of a brushed heavy cotton.  It is perfect for full length curtains in my bedroom, which is painted a duck egg blue (I do also want to paper a wall this summer, to make a feature wall)

It will go so fabulously with my quilt too:



I can't wait to get started!

Also, my early finish meant that I could get home, do some revision and then have time to go and visit Zoe, who only has 10days left until the baby is due, AND to do some catching up


Another block for the mystery quilt: I still have one to do.  They look really great all together



Apparently next week we will start sewing some blocks together, so I had better get a move on with the last block.  I'm guessing that there are other blocks to come as well.




4 comments:

  1. I love a good bargain! found you via Brit Quilt and am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, a bargain is great! Your blocks are looking great - so vibrant...and good luck with the curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing fabric deal!! I only ever find deals like that in rust browns or some other colour that is never going to be in my life - ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours you are using for your mystery quilt - they look so great together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message