Wednesday 1 January 2014

December

Well, December did the same as every other month and went by in a whizz.  The only difference being that I had some time off and I managed to get a few makes squeezed in.
I was sadly lacking in the Christmas cushion department so managed to get a few done: two of these were already blocks that I had made with no specific purpose

 Got these cushions made up for my Step mum as per her request - for their new summer house
 I got my friends daughters baby quilt made - she had a boy on Boxing day
 
I am now also in the process of making some of these for her:  so cute and quick!
 
 
I also finished another pair of socks.  This pattern was for making a 'flat' pair of socks, which you then sew up at the end.  I hadn't done that before, so I knitted them in the round using a combination of patterns - which was very confusing
 
 
I am now on to my next pair, which I am knitting flat, so will see how they turn out
 
The next couple of mosaics are really so that I can record for myself what I did in 2013
Finished quilts


cushions
more cushions



other makes

other makes
And I had my bee block commitments on top of this too.  It makes me very happy to look back at all of these: knowing why I made them and/or who I made them for.  Here's to a lot more makes in 2014
 
Happy New Year to you all xx
 





18 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous year of makes C! Hope 2014 is as creative and productive for you! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makes! I'm visiting from Lily's Quilts. The middle quilt is awesome! Here's to a productive 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliantly productive year! I love those socks, can't wait to see the knitted flat ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great record of your makes this year, C. Brilliant stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mosaics and I love those socks. Here's to a great year x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so fun to see mosaics of finished projects! Busy, busy year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very productive year!! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done xx love your cushions xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been a beautiful year at your house, I am looking forward to being inspired for the coming year too. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You have been busy in 2013. I hope that you ave a fun and Stitchy 2014. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your mosaics are gorgeous. I love the little booties. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a wonderful year! Your mosaics are all looking great and I LOVE the booties :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a great year! I think I'd tend toward the booties rather than socks in the knitting department, I suspect that's how long my patience would last ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. And a happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new year to yu too, and what a fab list of makes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous year hope 2014 is as successful too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello from Canada! I'm visiting from Lily's Quilts, and I'm glad I dropped by. Your colourful quilts look beautiful and happy!
    Carole (Fresh off the Frame)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message