Friday 3 January 2014

Sneaky

I am sneaking in one last FAL - because Leanne did say we could :-)


My Carpenters Star is finally finished!  I think it may have been on every FAL list for 2013, so nothing like sneaking in right at the last minute!  This was all EPP'd and I actually have another one on the go as well, although I don't love that one as much

I have also been busy with Lucy's bee block for January: we had the option to do one of two butterfly blocks: I started with this one


Now this one was tricky.  I have never really sewn curves before, but have watched Leannes amazing you tube video, so I decided to give it a go.  After all, it's all about trying something new!  As you can see, the block is a bit wobbly and I don't know if Lucy will be able to use it, so I did the other two as well: much easier.


 And all these nights sitting in front of the telly meant I have completed another pair of socks.  I have another two balls of this wool, so will find another pattern for them.  These were flat knit socks, which were fine to do, but I didn't enjoy sewing the seams much so will stick to knitting in the round if I can


Tomorrow I will put up my FAL round up, I don't think it will be too bad!

10 comments:

  1. Wow I love you jumped straight in with trying the tricky butterfly. Actually I think the wobbly bits will iron out a treat with a bit of starch. Love your cushion and those socks look very snuggly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive missus! I like your first butterfly :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are going great guns this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have started the year with a flourish. Lovely makes. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the fabric in the carpenter's wheel. I did have some I made a quilt top with but I wish I had more:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cushion and the bee blocks are fabulous - what a terrific start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on trying something new! Your butterflies and cushion are brill! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blocks and your CS cushion is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message