Wednesday 6 April 2011

An Award


Thank you to Annabella over at  Life's Rich Pattern , who has nominated me for the above award - very gratefully received.  If y.ou take a look at her blog she explains how Lily of Lilys Quilts, got us all looking at other blogs.  I really enjoyed mooching and reading and it was a great idea.
So, there are some obligations for this award:

1.  I need to thank and link back to the person who bestowed the award - which I have done above.  Please take some time to read Annabellas blog, she leads an interesting life and has some great ideas and fantastic photos.

2. I need to share 7 things about me, hope they're not boring:

 - I live in Essex.  I have been in this house for 10 years now.  Its the longest I have lived anywhere: I am from an Air Force family and we moved frequently

- I have a full motorbike licence, although sadly, at the moment, no motorbike!

- I LOVE rugby union: can not wait until the world cup later on this year

- My girls and I learnt to surf in Cornwall a couple of years ago, and whilst I am not brilliant, I can stand up and catch a wave. 

- I went to boarding school for five years - Enid Blyton obviously never did.

- Favourite films: Sleepless in Seattle, City of Angels and Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  I have lost count of how many times I have watched them.

- Last one: at school I hated sewing!

And I also need to nominate some other blogs: this is tricky because I only nominated some blogs a while ago, and whilst I would love to nominate them again, because they are all worth reading, I think I need to pick some others:

sewnbyleila - check out her dresden plates and she has a great diamond quilt tutorial

2 ellison lane quilts - another great blog with some fantastic ideas and photography

silly mama quilts - a really cheery blog - and someone else that is doing a wedding quilt: good luck!

So, have a look at these, they are all great reads.  And don't forget to leave comments on them, we all love receiving comments!

2 comments:

  1. I like that. We all met through Lily's Quilts and it has gone full circle through a little group of fledgling online friends. Sarah to me to Annabella to you. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message