Thursday 17 November 2011

Job done

I have finally finished my table runner



I feel like it has taken me a very long time to do this, maybe because of the false start that I had with the paper piecing

And maybe  because it has taken me a long time to hand quilt it all.  I picked out random circles and sewed around them in gold thread, as well as quilting around the two main stars and the two 'christmas trees'


I am really pleased with how it has turned out, although I am dissapointed that my partner has not commented on it (or anything!) I hope she likes it


..... if not she can always flip it over and use the back instead :-)

This swap has been full of lovely people, who have all encouraged each other and left positive thoughts.  It has been great fun, so lots of thanks to Susan for putting this one together.  It might be my last one for a while: I have 5 exams that I really must take before next summer, so the pressure of any swap deadlines may have to wait until they are over! 
For now, I shall wait for this to get to its destination and wait and see which amazing runner from the swap will land on my doorstep (I want them all!)

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful table runner! I can't imagine that your partner won't love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your post title should be Job Well Done! Your runner looks marvellous and it is a shame that your partner was so uninvolved in the swap. I did try to discourage that. Shall make sure if and when you are ready for another swap with me that you have the most talkative person I can drum up, promise! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    The table runner is very-very beautiful! The hand quilting is amazing!
    What kind of exams you'll have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well looking at the positive, which I always strive to do (okay don`t check that with my husband), she was unchatty with everyone, which is better than her simply ignoring you! Great job Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a stunner runner Cath! Even though your partner hasn't commented I bet she'll love it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great!! I'm sure she'll love it :) The stitching is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hand quilting (still meaning to try it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's wonderful! It's sad your partner hasn't said much but I'm sure she'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's beautiful and will be much loved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your runner. I'll be even happier when it lands in my post box. I'm still not finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message