Monday 21 November 2011

Don't tidy things away

It seems like ages since I have been anywhere near my sewing machine.  Everything got 'put away' and 'tidied up' for Jennys party and now I don't know where anything is.  I was going to do some cutting up last night but can't find my ruler thingy - I have my new cutting mat and now no ruler.  and the conservatory is cold and dark this time of year (unless the heating is on)  So I need to kick myself up the butt and get on with some things (like finder my ruler) - oh yeah, and never tidy up again!

I have started a new knitting project:
It looks like a really complicated pattern, but its so easy.  I dont like the colours in the pattern, so I have gone for a blue:


Much more my colours, and it knits up really quickly.
Right, off to have another look for all my missing things!

12 comments:

  1. Hope you find your ruler soon and can get on with some quilting!
    The knitting looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern is very beautiful!
    So the colors chosen by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pattern looks so cool. Shame I can't knit. I think not tidying up is a good bit of advice. If you could see my living room floor you'd know I live by it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like very clever wool........

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are your knitting needles made of? Are they wooden ones?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the problem with keeping everything tidy - it's so tidy you can't find it!! I'm sure you'll come across it when you're not looking for it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That happened to me when John invited those Australian friends around with no warning to me and I had to clear every last thread away. I am still looking for some things. So you are very right - do not tidy. It just leads to grief!

    Lovely knitting though. Glad you found the yarn and the needles. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty wool and pretty pattern - it'll look lovely. I hate it when I have to tidy - I just say to anyone who visits that it's my 'creative space' in an artsy fartsy accent with red lipstick - i think I get away with it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol I know exactly what you're talking about - I get so much less done when my man is home, and I swear its more because each time I gather a "sofa project" he tidies everything away the second I leave the room for a few minutes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks lovely and it will be beautiful in blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win over at Jenna`s and your knitting project looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message