Sunday 3 November 2013

Chilled out

Well, this has been a lovely relaxing few days off.  Starting off with a spa day on Tuesday: a few of us from work decided to treat ourselves and we had a great day chatting and being pampered - all in gorgeous surroundings.  I can definitely recommend a spa day to anyone!


I have used the week to get ready for my turn as queen bee in the Hipbee group - it took me days to decide what I was going to do and get all the fabric together and cut out.  I have chosen a block that will use up my charms from the Rainbow charm swap a while back: the pattern is over at Quiltville

 
We have had a birthday: Beccys was on Tuesday.  My baby turned 17 and had her first driving lesson, which she really enjoyed.  Her birthday marks the start of 10 days of family birthdays: it works out to be about one every other day!


And there have been various amounts of sewing too, although not as much as I would have liked (there was a lot of diy needed doing too)
These are from the fabulous 500 quilt blocks, which I am making in to a table runner for my dad and step mum - as per their request


 Back to work tomorrow, and November is going to be a very busy month - lots of evening training that I have to go and do: I hate driving in the dark :-(

8 comments:

  1. Boo to the training, and I am with you on the birthday mayhem!
    Great Bee choice.
    I so need a spa day... or an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the bee block.....though I might need a spa day afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table runner looks lovely. I am looking forward to those fabrics arriving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you've had a nice few days. Your bee quilt will be very dramatic with those blocks I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather jealous of that spa day, sounds heavenly right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fab week. Hope the training goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely few days! Stay safe during these dark winter evenings! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate drivining in the dark too. Hope the month goes quickly for you. Glad you had the spa day. Having had my first last year I would love to go again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message