Friday 1 July 2016

Day 14

The Matterhorn looked pretty impressive this morning on my walk down to the station
Switzerland had private rail companies as well as the SSB and most of the private companies don't take the interail pass. Zermatt - Visp us one if those. However it was only about £20. Form Visp I had two other trains to catch that took me to Inter lake.  Fron here to Grindelwald was around £8
I think I saved the best til last.
Walking from the station I was surrounded by mountainted,  including the Eiger
I quickly checked in and went for a hike, catching the lift
The scenery. ....!





Absolutely breathtaking.  The hotel is one of the best as well. I have tried to stay in hotels within a 15 min walk from the station in the mid-budget range, around £60 (this is quite tricky in Switzerland! ! ). This one has a south facing balcony : if only I were here for more than one night!

Tea was eaten under the mountains and also reflected in the windows
I only booked Grindelwald because all the mud budget hotels in Interlaken were taken: what a blessing in disguise. I would love to return; maybe in the winter!

No comments: