Saturday 4 May 2013

64 Hipbee HST's

This month it is the turn of the lovely Sarah to be Queen of the Hipbees.  She joked with me beforehand that the block she had chosen had 64 HST - this was to get me back for asking for the Lynnebobsquarepants block.  So when I saw that we could make whatever we wanted I knew it had to involve a lot of HST's.  So this is what I made:

 
I got the pattern off quilters cache, where the block is called 'Many Triangles'  In order to beef up the number of HST's I also made up some bonus ones from the flying geese


I count a total of 78 HST's, even better than the 64 Sarah threatened me with!  It wasn't a difficult block to do, although a little fiddly.  And if you don't follow the instructions then the seam ripper becomes your friend


Anyway, Sarah likes the block, which is all that matters - and I made her laugh as well :-)
The weather wasn't all that nice today, so it was the perfect day to do this block and also a bit of secret sewing that I needed to finalise.  I also bought a whole heap of wadding yesterday all ready to baste my Hipbee quilt and maybe the DWR too - but only if the sun isn't shining!
Off to watch some tv now, with a bit of EPP and some of this

13 comments:

  1. I love that block and I love that cider too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be needing that cider after all those triangles. Hope you enjoy it cos it's well deserved! Thank you fr my very pretty block and for giving me a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Love Kopperberg! Brilliant block C! Touche! jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful HST choice the missus xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant block! I can't believe you did all those HST's though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you have upped the HST anti now! That is a beautiful block. Enjoy your evening. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you made a stunning block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing block - hope you had a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great block and so effective with those fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the blocks with all the hsts, yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message