Wednesday 20 March 2013

Summer bee blocks

Jan is our March queen bee in Bee a brit stingy and she wanted some of these blocks:
 her remit was 'summer', which I am hoping that I have acheived: there are deck chairs, beach huts, waves..

 ...flip flops, sunglasses, sunflowers, citrus etc. 

I managed to grab myself a bargain at the market in town yesterday - 5 spools for £1.50.  I gave them a try and they worked a treat so I headed back today to pick up another 10 - should help me with my ST quilting!

 I finished this off over the weekend too: I had been sewing this whilst watching the 6 nations, which is why it has come together quickly (for me!) 

I was gutted when England threw everything away in the last match, but Wales played an amazing game.  Now, what am I going to do next weekend .....

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful block! I don't follow the rugby much, but my DH supports Scotland and my Sister-in-law is fanatically Welsh, so I have it non-stop at this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely summery blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very cheerful bee blocks. Lovely fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks! I have no idea about rugby at all, although half my family live in Wales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks, and love the carpenters star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brill blocks C! I was going to ask does the last one have a name but I see Trudi has answered that question for me! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your Dutch rose block! Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blocks. Did you hand sew the Carpenter's block? Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bee blocks you made for me - thank you! and that block in the last pic looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last block is amazing! Hmmm 6 nations we not exactly a great watch for me... Loads of wooden spoons jokes being sent my way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are great, I especially love the carpenter's wheel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message