Tuesday 24 April 2012

Two nations

You may remember that I posted about my name tag that I made for my secret partner for the London FQ retreat.......  this was my sneak preview



well my partner has now received her package - it went to the lovely Leanne at She Can Quilt.  Thankfully she is pleased with it! 




Leanne is coming over from Canada, so I really wanted to do something to reflect the 'two nations'.  I had an idea in my head, but wasn't sure how to translate it, until I saw the material (see the pouch above)  Cutting out the maple leaf for the canadian flag took a couple of attempts, but I got there in the end


I used the red white and blue perle for the embroidery (which by the way, is put to shame when you see what Lucy did on my name badge!!)

I was so thrilled to get Leanne as a partner as she made for me in the Christmas table runner swap and got me spot on.  I have been so lucky with my two partners in this swap: Lucy who made for me and Leanne who I made for - can't wait to meet them both in person!


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous badge C! That will suit Leanne down to the ground!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is brilliant! I love the two flags :) and using that perle was very clever! Looking forward to meeting you and Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous name tag and I think we are all looking forward to meeting Leanne as well as all us UK lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Love the London & Canada theme =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Catherine and I love Leanne and can`t wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love it, and I am glad you did not give up on the maple leaf! I can't wait to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant job - love all the union jacks and the fabric you used in the pouch - sooooo wish i was joining you all

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tag you've made is wonderful - I'm sorry I'm not coming .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message