Friday 30 September 2011

Its a wrap...



.... well actually its a rather large quilt but it is all finished!  From this:


To this: freshly out of the washing machine, so slightly damp!




I know I cheated on the back of the quilt, but I just didn't have the time to do otherwise: and I did stay with the theme of crosses!

I used a very similar colour binding and hand quilted each cross


I also put a cross through each cross



I am loving this quilt




It is the first QAL that I have done, and although there were times when I never thought I would get it done (and when I came back from a weeks hols and everyone was streets ahead of me) I am so glad that I joined in
I would also like to repeat what Hadley said in her blog: the QAL was put together brilliantly by Sarah and Jennifer, and there are a great bunch of people who have participated and commented over at flickr.  I don't think that I have ever done a quilt so quickly, normally I pick them up, put them down etc over a period of months, so this is a novelty for me!
And lastly, how lovely was the weather today.  i got home from work before 5o'clock today, so sat out the front, on my bench in the sun and read my book. Bliss

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks fantastic. Love the green and love that huge cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the green, it looks so good! great contrast! i need to get moving on mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab quilt - that back reminds me of looking for pharmacies on holiday! And yes, the weather is fab fab fab. I have shaved my legs this morning and dragged the shorts back out of hibernation! Too much information probably, sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message